T&B [Smith]

Friday, December 2, 2011

Way back at the beginning of October, I shot photos for T, a guy who attended my high school church youth group, and his wife, B, and their two adorable children!  We struggled a little bit with cool weather and grumpy kids...but, I must explain that part of the reason why I feel that family photos are so important, and why I love taking them is because I understand that a) kids are not always happy and compliant and that b) time flies, so being a patient and understanding photographer pays off!  If I take my time, let the kids burn off some energy between shots, lower the expectations and relax a bit, those final family photos end up being ones to treasure forever, especially if I'm lucky enough to draw those kids out of their bad mood and capture some smiles!  This was the case with the Smith family!  A few snacks in between and a lot of time between poses allowed all of us to come away from the shoot happy, even if things didn't go perfectly smoothly [and do they ever?].

I'll share some of my favorites:












You'll notice that the most I'll do to a photo is tweak it here and there - nothing fancy.  I like simple; I like producing a final print that looks like it did in REAL life...however, to dress them up, I'll add a soft border, convert the great ones to black and white and maybe add a relevant quote [I like quotes!].  
It was a pleasure to catch up with T, after so many years, and meet his lovely family!  I sure hope they were happy with the keepsakes I was able to give them! 

1 comments:

Barbara said...

My favorite is number 5.
Mom W

Post a Comment